THE CORPORATE BODY OF LINCOLN CATHEDRAL (“WE”) IS COMMITTED TO PROTECTING AND RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY.
For the purpose of the data protection act 1998 (the “act”), the data controller is the corporate body of lincoln cathedral of the chapter office, lincoln cathedral, lincoln, ln2 1pz.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the act is mr p hamlyn williams.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.lincolncathedral.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your ip address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
- Monitor your use on our website and gather analytics to help us improve your browsing experience
- Remember your preferences to personalise your visit
- Personalise our website and display information relevant to you
- Help us improve the usability of our website
Cookies on this website
|view-desktop||Lincoln Cathedral||A cookie to remember your choice to view desktop version of the website if viewing on mobile. This cookie is only set when view desktop site is clicked on a mobile||2 weeks|
|cookiesAcknowledged||Lincoln Cathedral||A cookie to remember you have acknowledged our updated policy.||1 year|
|oldBrowserHide||Lincoln Cathedral||Hides old browser message if requested, Internet Explorer 7 and below only.||1 week|
|__utma||Used to determine unique visitors of this website, the cookie is updated with each page view.||2 years from set/update.|
|__utmb||Used to established and continue a session with the website.||30 minutes from set/update.|
|__utmz||Stores how you reached the website such as a website search engine, email link etc.||6 months from set/update.|
|__utmx||This cookie is used to help us test and experiment with different looks/styles of our website. This is only set when required.||2 years from set/update.|
|loc||AddThis||Geolocation cookie to determine where people sharing information are located.||2 months|
|bt||AddThis||Targets behaviours on the website.||1 month|
|uid/uit||AddThis||User id and login time tracking.||At end of session|
|di/dt||AddThis||Date tracking cookie for determining expiration of other cookies.||1 month|
|ssc/psc/uvc||AddThis||Recording sharing and social activity.||At end of session|
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using ssl technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or sms) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address set out above.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.